If you’re looking for a new place to call home, it’s worth considering one of these most creative cities in America. The USA is full of great cities that offer a lot more than just big buildings, traffic and crowds—you just have to know where to look. If your dream is to live in an urban area with lots of culture and charm, then read on! We’ll show you which cities are best for artsy types, foodies, nature lovers and families alike.
Best place for the arts
The best place to go if you want to see the arts is New York City. The city has some of the best museums in America, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the American Museum of Natural History. If you’re looking for theatre, there are plenty of options too: Broadway shows run year-round and many productions have been filmed for television or film release (like “The Lion King” and “Wicked”). And don’t forget about music–New York has been home to some legendary musicians throughout history (the likes of Duke Ellington).
Finally, New York is known for its architecture–the cityscape features buildings from all eras as well as modern designs that reflect today’s trends in architecture without losing sight of their roots in history.
Best place for foodies
The best city for foodies is Charleston, South Carolina. The city has been named one of the top ten foodie destinations in America by Travel + Leisure magazine and Conde Nast Traveler readers have voted it as one of America’s best cities for dining out.
The reason why Charleston is such an exceptional place to eat? There are so many amazing restaurants here! If you love seafood like we do then make sure you visit McCrady’s Restaurant or Husk Restaurant which serve some of the freshest seafood dishes around town! We also recommend eating at FIG (Farmhouse Inn & Grill) where they serve farm-to-table cuisine made from locally sourced ingredients whenever possible; their menu changes seasonally so there’s always something new to try!
Best place for families
The best place for families in America is none other than the city of Boston. The city has been named one of the best cities in America by Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler and Frommer’s Guide to Best Places To Visit In The U.S., so it’s no surprise that it also made our list!
- Boston has plenty of family-friendly activities like visiting historic sites and museums; taking a ferry ride around town; checking out colleges like Harvard University or Massachusetts Institute Of Technology (MIT); shopping at Faneuil Hall Marketplace; strolling along Boston Common Park; eating ice cream at Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams or picking up something delicious from Allston Village Gourmet Pizza & Sandwich Shop; going bowling at Lucky Strike Lanes; watching sports teams play at Fenway Park or TD Garden Arena; enjoying some local music at House Of Blues Boston….the list goes on!
- For those looking for great restaurants with kid-friendly menus there’s Legal Seafoods Restaurant & Bar where they serve up seafood dishes such as fried clams, lobster rolls and crab cakes alongside pasta dishes like shrimp scampi linguine!
Best city for nature lovers
Nature lovers are looking for a city that’s not only beautiful and scenic, but also has plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities. If you’re a nature lover, here are some cities that will satisfy your craving for fresh air:
- San Francisco, California
- New York City/Manhattan area (New York state)
- Portland (Oregon)
Best metropolitan area to live in
- What makes a good city?
- What makes a good metropolitan area?
The answer to the first question is simple: it’s all about the people. A city can be beautiful, but if there aren’t any people living there, it’s just an empty shell of its former glory. The second question is more difficult because it depends on what kind of lifestyle you want–and what kind of community will support that lifestyle. For example, if your dream is to live in a big house with lots of space between houses and no neighbors within shouting distance (or even whispering distance), then cities like Los Angeles or San Francisco might not be for you; however if your idea of paradise includes being able to walk down the street and run into friends at any moment then these same metropolitan areas might be perfect!
Most underrated city in America
For many, New York City is the most important city in America. It’s home to Wall Street, Broadway and thousands of other landmarks that define our culture. But not everyone feels this way–especially those who live outside of New York City.
For some people, living in a smaller city offers them more opportunities than living in a large metropolis like NYC or LA. For example: In Austin (which ranked #7 on our list), you can find an abundance of job opportunities without having to worry about traffic congestion or sky-high rent prices. Plus there are tons of fun things to do outdoors year-round!
The USA is full of great cities that offer a lot more than just big buildings, traffic and crowds.
The USA is full of great cities that offer a lot more than just big buildings, traffic and crowds. In fact, there are plenty of places where you can find beautiful scenery, delicious food and friendly people.
Here are some of our favorite creative cities across America:
- Portland (Oregon) – The city’s motto is “Keep Portland Weird,” so it’s no surprise that this town has a thriving arts scene with lots of galleries and museums to visit. Plus there are plenty of independent shops selling everything from clothing to music instruments. If you’re looking for something new to try out on your next trip here then consider visiting one of the many breweries around town!
The USA is full of great cities that offer a lot more than just big buildings, traffic and crowds. If you’re looking for somewhere new to live or visit on vacation, here are some places we think are worth checking out.